Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Just call me Rosa

I'm very excited to have family visitors coming this week. YAY!! Mom and Tom are coming to visit for a couple of days *counting* four of them actually, and five nights. Well, sort of. Their plane is arriving at 1am on Thursday morning. I haven't had family come to visit in way too long. I get homesick. Luckily Matt's parents came to visit recently which helped with the homesickness. I do need to get on the cleaning. Not that my place is dirty but its not Mom clean. So I'll be bustling around tonight and tomorrow night like a little maid making sure everything is wiped down. Hopefully it'll leave me with enough time to take a small nap since I rarely see 1am.
I haven't set up an entire itinerary yet but here are a few things that I'm thinking about:
  1. Wine tasting with the Peifer Lab and adjunct members
  2. Mama Dips (jealous? you wouldn't be if you came to visit more often, sir)
  3. Bar-B-Que Joint, I of course can't eat the meat part but they have a surprising selection of veggie options, plus Chris said it was amazing
  4. Swap meet or thrift stores
  5. dinner cooked by mom (hehe)
On a side note, I am completely covered in bites. I think that both Matt and I have some sort of biting insect at our respective apartments. His leaves very large bites mine are tiny but there are more of them. Poor Matt has three in a row on his finger. I'm itchy. Now back to work.