Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sick and tired

It is nearly a week since my last post and as I look around the new apartment from our almost-too-big-to-get-into-the-apartment couch, I am glad that is almost over.  Matt and I moved him out of his place, no help in two evenings.  My place, not so easy.  Luckily we have a bunch of super awesome friends.  Steph and Linda came over to my place on Saturday to come help pack.  They are a powerhouse moving team.  I think we moved about 75% of my stuff before the four of us lost nearly all ability to move.  There was enough time to take a quick and much needed nap before showing and heading off to Jess and Jacob's.  They were having a get together that consisted of playing Rock Band and watching The Explorers and Flight of the Navigator.  There was a ton of amazing food including Jacob's Mexican thing that had beans and sour cream and doritios, the wonderful blue cheese that Dan brought, and the lovely caprese salad that Jess made with buffalo mozzarella.  mmmm, cheese... Sadly we only made it through the first movie before Matt and I were ready to pass out.  Sunday morning we took a quick jaunt to pick up the U-Haul.  We had originally planned to hire movers to get all of my incredibly heavy furniture out and in our new place but Dave, the post doc that I work with convinced me that him and a couple of other guys could handle it no problem.  So true to his word Dave showed up on Sunday along with Jacob, and Matt's brother Dan.  If you have ever seen all of my furniture you will understand that it was no small feat but the four guys managed to get it all into the U-Haul and into our new place in a matter of hours.  Not everything has made its way out of my apartment, largely due to the fact that I caught a rather nasty cold on Sunday that finally got me down enough that I had to take a down day.  I think it should be down by Thursday, I think.  Then we can get around to unpacking and making our new place feel like home.

No comments: