Friday, January 15, 2010

We're moving

To the Biltmore Estate.  I think with that many rooms they won't even notice us there.  Well, maybe they'll notice Zelda, but I can be real quiet when I need to.  Matt gave me my Christmas present early this year and took me to see the Biltmore Estate all done up for Christmas.  It was a lovely little trip.  We had lunch at Sheetz and then we got to Asheville a little too early to check into our hotel so we browsed a local pet store.  They had this nylabone rib toy that I was thinking of getting Zelda.  I didn't end up getting it but I still want to, I'm pretty sure she would have loved it.  We stayed at the cutest little hotel and the lady who checked us in was nice as could be.  We didn't have time to stay and admire our spacious room though, our reservations for the Biltmore were at 5:30pm.  A couple of years ago Chris and I were watching a program on the Travel Channel about "The most" McDonalds.  The one that they showed at the fanciest McDonalds was located in Asheville.  I promised Chris ahead of time that we would go and take pictures.  The place is pretty ridiculous.  It has a two sided fireplace, a vaulted ceiling, player piano, and wrought iron dividers.  Even the employees were fancier than normal.  It was pretty amazing.  Did I mention how cold it was?  It was freezing outside, literally.  It was snowing when we got into Milo to drive down to Biltmore Village, nothing major, just a few flurries.  Still, it was super cold and windy.  Luckily Matt and I had planned ahead and packed lots of warm accessories to help us through.  I can't possibly describe the Biltmore Estate so I'm not even going to try.  But it is beautiful and if you ever get a chance to, I would go.

No comments: