Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Reviews

One of my loyal readers has pointed out that I have yet to publish reviews on the two live shows that Matt and I have recently seen. So I'll put off the Thanksgiving post and let you all know what I thought.

First, we went to see DINOSAURS!!!, for Matt's birthday. I saw the videos on youtube and I thought that I was prepared for the amazing-ness but I was wrong. The dinos were life sized, which, when it comes to the bigger ones means they were towering over us. They were also ridiculously loud. In a good way. It was way too much fun. The best part was when the boy next to me reassured me not to worry because they were not "real dinosaurs". It was quite adorable, even more so when I thanked him for his knowledge and he wanted to let me know that it was twice as impressive since he was only in the fourth grade so just imagine how much smarter he was going to get. lol!

The next show we went to was The Tran-Siberian Orchestra. I can't even put into words. No wait, I can. It was kind of like going to an 80's hair metal band concert. There were pyrotechnics and lasers and it was really loud. The woman playing the violin was simply amazing. How she didn't get her hair caught in the violin or bow I will never know. She rocked it like she was playing a guitar and she ran all over the place. The show was about twice as long as we thought it was going to be. The first half was this really beautiful story about Christmas that made me cry. I really thought that was the whole show but then they came out and introduced the orchestra and started talking about the "second half". The second half was more of a rock concert, no narration. I completely recommend it if you can get tickets. Matt and I got t-shirts after the show. His has a castle high in the mountains and mine has an awesome wizard in it doing some cool magicky stuff. Both full of awesomeness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NERDS!
<3 lil sis