Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Enter the Matt

Kelly has convinced me that posting every now and then might be a good idea – so Hello, Internet! As I write this, Zelda is being her usual rambunctious self, rooting around the living room and finding new things to chew. I’m a little surprised, actually, as she’s usually sleepy enough at this point to keep her mostly stationary. Then again, normally I’m able to give her a walk in the evening, but tonight was a little too rainy for that. Eh, she’ll conk out soon enough.

Work has been going reasonably well. I’m still at the point where most of the day is taken up by fly work, but hopefully, the stock I’m making will prove to be healthy, and I can start spending more time in other parts of the lab. Spending hours on the scope is pretty mind-numbing, so to make up for it, I’ve been listening to more podcasts than I otherwise would. One of my favorites is the Penny Arcade/PvP Dungeons & Dragons podcast, but the most recent series ended a couple weeks ago, and I’ve been looking for something else to fill the void. It’s been harder than I expected – I’ve found a couple of good D&D podcasts, but none have that Jim Darkmagic…magic.

This week has been pretty ordinary, but I have something pretty interesting coming up on Friday. I’ll be going to the GlaxoSmithKline campus in RTP for a drug development simulation game with other young professional types. They haven’t told us much about what that’ll entail, but I’m eager to find out. I’ll try and post later to let everyone know how it goes.

1 comment:

exile said...

I think this should be a permanent part of this blog or possibly a new blog of steel.