Monday, January 26, 2009

Week three--Start!

I didn't mention it in my previous post but in an attempt to be more healthy, and since all of the rest of our exercise comes from walking to and from the bus, Matt and I have started working out.  Our apartment complex has a gym and its only a five minute walk from our apartment.  So far we've been doing a pretty good job of going, even when we don't really feel like it.  Its only the third week but already we're starting to see changes.  Matt is building muscle and I don't pass out after running for five minutes.  Yay us!  As an added bonus, our health insurance offers and incentive program for working out and eating well. 
We had a relatively quiet weekend.  Nathan had a birthday party on Friday night so we hung out with everyone to celebrate for a while.  I made bruschetta that had way too much garlic, as if that is possible.  I also put some roasted tomatillos in it to mix things up.  It seemed to go over well.  Besides that though, not much happening.  I was feeling under the weather on Saturday and Matt is in the middle of writing a paper so things were pretty quiet. 
On the science front, I managed to complete an experiment last week.  I having been planning to do a northern for a couple of months and with Paul, the tech from the Searles lab, I finally did it.  I even got it done without getting an radiation on myself for any place else that wasn't supposed to have it.  Bonus!  I also got it done right the first time.  Now I just need to repeat it one more time and I can check that off my long list of to dos.
Matt and I are super excited because our newest family member will be delivered tomorrow.  After nine days of waiting and over a year of saving, it will arrive tomorrow!!!  Maybe we'll take a picture of the three of us and post it later this week.  I can't really think of anything beyond that. *sigh*

No comments: