Monday, October 20, 2008

Its been too long

I'm sorry its been so long.  I get to work with the plan of taking ten minutes to post and then start looking at what I need to do and forget about the blog.  Some of you may have noticed the new gadget on the left sidebar.  I've added twitter so that I can send mini-updates to the blog.  I know it is quite popular with the kids these days and this past weekend I've heard that NPR is now tweeting too.  Speaking of which they are doing their seasonal pledge drive right now.  I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to hold out before I send them money.  My immunity is running out plus, as Dave points out, we listen to it about ten hours a day.  I probably should send them something, they're wearing me down. 
Matt and I are (very) slowly finishing up the unpacking and organizing.  Pretty soon we will be able to start the decorating.  w00t!  Last year, at the after Halloween sale, I bought some cute little hand towels for the bathroom.  They are quite adorable in the downstairs bathroom.  We recently purchased a couple of Halloween themed kitchen towels at Target in their bargain area.  I keep teasing Matt that in a couple of years we will have a complete set of decorations for every holiday. 
We've unpacked nearly everything in the spare room now.  It has left us with a slightly disturbing discovery.  There is a 1.5' by 1.5' square on the floor that reeks of old lady perfume.  It is so gross!  We think that because we have always had boxes covering it up before we never noticed it.  Now that things in that room are almost done the smell is overwhelming.  I can only work in there for small bits of time because the odor gives me a headache.  Last night we poured baking soda all over it and I'm going to try and see it the smell is gone when I vacuum it up tonight, everybody cross your fingers.
Last but not least, since we have taken time off for weddings and whatnot this year and we'd like to be able to take time off for Christmas, neither Matt nor I are going home for Thanksgiving.  Instead we are going to be hosting a nice, quiet dinner at our new place this year.  Any family or friends who want to come are invited although being so far away I don't think we'll have many takers.  We are inviting a few local friends and judging by their responses so far we are having an international Thanksgiving.  So far those who have said they will come: Catarina and Nunu (Portugal), Mira (Germany), Kuo-Chen (Taiwan), Kim (Alabama) and Dan (England).  Two of the guests, Mira and Kuo-Chen, have never been to a Thanksgiving dinner.  Even better they have never eaten turkey.   So no pressure right?

No comments: